What is FriskyPaws
"Think of E621 + FA, at least at first..."
Who Am I?
- 16+ years professional IT experience
- Background in way too much: programming, virtualziation, security, administration, SaaS, automation,
VoIP, compliance, etc.
- Individual oriented
- Community maintained
- Open development
- Always improving
- You are the center of the experience
Tooling to protect your:
Helps maintain information on the site
Big involvement with assisting moderation of content
A large amount of weight on input for upcoming features
- Open development, not open source (maybe someday?)
- Trello, voting, tracking input from artists and art-lovers alike
- Very few if any "surprises", constant feedback
- Open discussion about our stack, tools, etc.
- Main goal: do not go stale, always be reviewing input and improving
- Community has a large range of great ideas
Community also has a lot of needs that no platforms are providing...
- Potential customers have difficulty tracking artists
- Artists have difficulty informing customers when they're open effectively
- Commissioning pipelines are always manually managed
- Current marketplace solutions are lackluster
- Protecting your art is difficult
- Current sites don't adapt to user feedback
- Missing a lot of tooling to improve the way we communicate
- Ease of moderation tools to help at scale
"You'll never gain traction"
- A lot of platforms fail because they only aim to be marginally better
- Provide a *ton* of reason to move over, not just a handful of things
- A flashy UI does not attract users
- Feed back into old platform as much as possible
- Feed into newer platforms as much as possible (our Discord bot?)
What Makes You Different?
- The image board is just the beginning, not the end
- A significant team of skilled individuals to work on it
- Costs go to working on the platform, not keeping the lights on
Alpha / Beta / First Release
- Expected to have a closed/limited alpha/beta soon
- Release is expected to be focused around the basics, tagging, uploading, galleries, favoriting, etc
- Feedback is going to drive our priority list
- A lot of stuff in Trello today -- may add more from feedback or just use that to prioritize what is
- Tighter release cycles, release early, release often